Terms and Conditions for Students
Please make sure that you have read and understood these terms and conditions before submitting your work. Not all academic institutions allow students to have their work proofread professionally. It is your responsibility to check your academic institution's policy regarding this. You must also send me any regulations/ requirements/guidelines that your academic institution may have about what proofreaders are allowed/not allowed to do. You must also inform your tutor/supervisor that you are employing a proofreader. I have listed below what I do. I will ensure that I adhere to any rules that your academic institution may have, which may override my own, but you must provide me with these rules in writing.
- I check your work and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax. I correct inconsistencies in style according to the guidelines you provide (e.g. -ise or -ize spellings).
- I do not rewrite or paraphrase the content of your work. I regard plagiarism as a serious offence.
- I do not add to or reduce the content of your work to ensure that it meets the required number of words.
- I check that the references adhere to the required style (e.g. Harvard). You must provide me with this information prior to submitting your work.
- I do not arrange references into a specific style when it is obvious that no attempt has been made to follow that style. The references should conform to the required style as far as possible when submitted to me.
- I check the references for obvious errors in spelling.
- I do not check the references against external sources. I am not responsible for any omissions/inaccuracies in the content (e.g. authors' names misspelt).
- I point out sentences/sections where the meaning of what you have written is not clear due to your use of English and suggest that you rewrite them.
- I do not comment on the academic content of your work or the clarity of your reasoning/arguments.
- Confidentiality is assured. I will not discuss your work with anyone other than your supervisor or representative from your academic institution. I will store a copy of your work on my computer for a year. After this time, it will be deleted permanently.
- I do not accept any legal responsibility for the mark your work receives following assessment by your academic institution.
It is my policy to ask for a deposit if the work exceeds 1,000 words.